Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InstallAllUsers doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Becks25Not

Programmer
Jun 23, 2004
US
Hi All,

I have a set up project that I have the InstallAllUsers to True. I have also turned the option off on the interface. I actually run the install via command line with progress bar only interface. I log in to my test account and run the installation (everything is fine) but then when I log in as myself, it's not there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Becca

I was playing around a little more. I uninstalled it and re-installed it as myself (I am an admin on this box). I logged in as my test account (regular user) and they got an access denied to the config file.

Little more info would be good (exact error and such). Let me say this though. If you install as admin and the config file is in the same directory you installed the program you will often run into permissions issues unless the user has admin access as well (even with Power User there can be problems). Really want you want to do is have the install place the config file in the user profile's Local Application Data File. They are sure to have full access to the file in there because it will then install the config file the first time the user logs in after you do the install.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.

Thanks Sorwen for responding!!

more info ...
I install from my account (Admin) for all users
I log in as a regular user
I can see the application and I can launch it but I cannot write to the app's directory.

I am giong to look at moving the data that gets written to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back