Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Solairs RAID drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

artfulbodger

Technical User
Jan 3, 2005
US
I have Solaris 10 installed on a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with the PERC controller. The 6 disks are configured as 2 virtual drives - 2 drives mirrored as the boot and the remaining 4 as a RAID 5 array. Everything installed fine except disk I/O is horribly slow. After reading the HCL, it seems that there is a driver specifically for the PERC 4 card, but it is a floppy image and needs to be installed during OS install. Is there anyway I can install this driver without having to go through this floppy image proceudre?

I would rather not do it that way becuase I have already installed the OS and I don't have a floppy (they still make those things?)

Any adivce would be apprecieated!

Thanks

-----

Allan D. Reed

Does anyone know where I can download the driver? When I click the link I have to go through Oracle My Support.

I don't need anything but the driver. Can someone post for me?

-----

Allan D. Reed

Hi artfulbodger,

You can open case with DELL to get the driver information. You can open case with dell by using DELL website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back