Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install software access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingit

MIS
Nov 24, 2003
NZ
Hello All

I have a 2003 SBS R2 server which is the DC and another 2003 server which I think (but not sure) it is a terminal server. The problem is im trying to install AV on the DC and keep getting an access denied error no matter where I run the installer from
Is there something im supposed to change\turn off to install software on this box. Im not a terminal expert so any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

You need to be a member of the Administrators group on the DC to install software. Are you logging on as a Domain Admin? As it should do.

Regards,

Michael

Is the program sbs compatible? I have run into AV software that was server 2003 compatible but not sbs. Try right clicking on the software and do run as and see if that makes a difference. You could also try installing it through add/remove progams in the control panel.

Recently ran into a similar situation. The internet explorer enhanced security was blocking the execution on the installer when it was transferred over the network.

The easy way is to right click and goto properties and click the unblock button.

You can also remove the security under Add/Remove prog under Windows Components.

Hello All
Thanks for the replys. After some more investigation it appears you have to change the terminal server from application mode to install mode. thaen you can install software

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back