Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

install scsi drivers raid nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derson

MIS
Oct 2, 2002
GB
i am trying to build a ibm netfinity 235 as i have many time b4 with win2k i have setup a raid 1 logical drive 1st, pressed F6 to add scsi drives but cannot get any further: can anyone help by clarifying which driver i should be adding at this stage?? i thought it was the scsi adapter(in this case 4lx ultra 160 conroller) any help much appreciated as going mad!
derson

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills
and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Try booting with your IBM ServeRAID cd to get started with your installation instead of starting off with the win2k cd

thanks for getting back- not too sure what you mean though i previously booted to serveraid cd set up my raid 1 .. how do i get to win2k install from there??
derson

Sorry, here more detail from IBM web site.. have your raid driver on a floppy..

Installing Windows 2000

The process to install Windows 2000 is as follows:

1. Power on the x440 with the bootable Windows 2000 Server or Advanced Server CD in the CD-ROM drive.
2. When prompted, press any key to boot from the CD.
3. When you see the message "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration...", immediately press F5.
4. If you plan to install the operating system on disks attached to a ServeRAID controller, press F6 at this point also so that you will be prompted to install the ServeRAID driver as well.
5. When prompted to select the Computer Type, select Other and press Enter.
6. Insert the xSeries 440 Windows 2000 HAL Support Disk (the one you downloaded and created) into the floppy drive and press Enter.
7. Select eServer xSeries 440 (Windows 2000 HAL) and press Enter. The necessary files will be copied from the diskette.
8. If you pressed F6 to add mass storage device drivers, such as for a ServeRAID controller, you will now be prompted to insert the driver disk.
9. Continue the Windows 2000 installation and configuration as normal. You will be prompted to insert the Windows 2000 HAL Support Disk (and the ServeRAID driver disk if required) a second time during the text mode portion of setup.

ALL GOOD THANKS VMUCH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back