Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Program as other user

Status
Not open for further replies.

auxigen

Technical User
Apr 5, 2003
GB
Help.

When installing Programs which have installer packages I used to always receive a dialog box which gave me the option to install programs as other user. accidentally I checked the box always run install programs as Computername\username.

Now everytime I install new software I no longer receive the dialog box. Is there a way of getting this dialog box back please ?

Look forward to your assistance.

Thanks.

p.s. So far the only way I have found to restore the dialog box is to delete my local profile but I think this is a bit excessive I wondered if there was a registry tweak instead ?

See if these apply.

RunAs missing from contextual menu
thread779-364976

run as error
thread779-422833

294676 - HOW TO: Enable and Use the "Run As" Command When Running Programs in Windows

"To start a program as an administrator" in the Help and Support program.

Also you click on the exe and select run as, which allows you to specify the user. This works in XP I am not sure what other operating systems it works with.

I meant to say right click on exe in the post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back