Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Patch on s8300 CM2.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayauser1

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
GB
Can anybody help with the installation of a patch to an s8300? I can access the /var/home/ftp/pub directory, ls shows the patch but "patch_show" comes back "command not found" The document I am following is for 1.3, does this make a difference to the patch_show command?

Thanks

/opt/ecs/bin/update_show

or just run update_show

PBX Tech thanks for the quick reply; I can now run "update_show" but wrongly assumed that "sudo patch_install" would simply become "sudo update_install" this will not work, please could you give me the equivalent commands for

sudo patch_install
sudo patch_apply

please? I have not done this on a CM2 system before...

Thanks

update_deactivate
update_remove
update_unpack
update_activate
update_info
update_show

you should run
update_unpack, update_activate, update_show

You're welcome....and a FAST T3 Eng gives his nod of thanks too.

just 1 more quick qustion if you don't mind:

I have now completed the patch install, but am now trying to update the firmware of the media modules (analogue & DCP)

The 711 is HW23 FW058, but I can only find firmware for HW20 on Avaya's support site; do you know where I can find the latest firmware?

Thanks

Check the text file that comes with the MM711 V20 FW060, which is the latest. It says HW20 only but the site is FOS.

"Date: 6/25/2004
Target Board: MM711 Hardware Vintage 20 and greater.
Firmware Vintage: 60

PLEASE NOTE: This firmware (vintage 60) can only be used on MM711 Hardware
Vintage 20 or greater. It cannot be loaded on earlier hardware vintages.
Hardware Vintage 24 or greater[/color red] requires firmware vintage 60."

Site for G350/G700 Firmware...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back