Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Office 2000 for All Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staafke

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2006
BE
Hi all,

I'm experiencing this strange problem on a laptop @ work. I configured one for a new employee here. Standard, we install Office 2000. This happens under my own administrative account. The user also gets admin rights. Now, when I install the Office 2000 (under admin account), the employee (under his account) will not see the icons of that installation. It is only visible in de program files folder and when he clicks something like 'excel.exe' it will state that the application is not installed and that it should be installed from the source location. This happens vice versa: when installed under employee's account, I cannot open Office 2000 in admin. This is a very basic installation at the office and it has never happened before. I've been looking for a solution since yesterday and didn't get any luck. Does someone have any ideas on how to force Office 2000's installation for all users?

Cheers,
Staafke

Install it using the account named Administrator (not a normal user account with admin priveledges).

Thx, but it didn't work. We did a recover through a command line and reïnstalled, now it suddenly works. Still waiting what effects the updates will have though :)

Staafke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back