Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install ICA Client via hyperlink on citrix login page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksen112

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
US
I'm trying to figure out how to edit the hyperlink in the message center to point to a local install of the client located on our server opposed to clients having to go to citrix.com, any help much appreciated.

jaksen112,
This one should be simple.
Just launch your wiadmin web page ( and go to client deployment.

In there you will be able to tell it to auto detect and tell it what client you want to push out.

Make sure you have the actual client on your web interface server because that is where it is going to grab the client from.

It should be located under inetpub\ or if you are using the java based client it will be under en\icajava.

Hope that helps.

Sorry, should have mentioned I'm running version 4.0. Wishing I had wiadmin somewhere to make this easy. I've looked all over the Access Suite Console and cant see anywhere to change the properties of this link!

Since you are using 3.0, you will need to do 2 things...

1. In the WIAdmin tool, select Client Deployment Settings and make sure that "Display Client installation caption" is set to YES.

2. If you want to remove the link to the Citrix Download Site from the screen, make a copy as a backup of WebInterface.txt from D:\inetpub\ and find the following line and comment it out with a #:
DownloadClients=Other Clients are available from the <a href=%s><b>Citrix Client download site</b></a>
Save the file and restart IIS on the Web Interface Server.

-Mike

Mike Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back