Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevanb

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
US
I am going to install my first php scriptand it says i only have to configure one line! Of course as a newbie i do not understand what i need to change the line to

$config_file = "c:\\

I think i have to change the config.dat"; but what to the name of my site or something else

Thxs Steve

Looks like it is asking where the config.dat file is located.

in unix it might look like:
$config_file = "/htdocs/path/to/script/config.dat";

in windows it might look like:
$config_file = "c:\\OR
$config_file = "c:\\Inetpub\\
basically, you want to change the text between the quotes to equal the path where the config.dat for the script is located.

Hope this helps :)

what drive and directory is the config.dat file that came with the script located in (look in the directory & subdirectories where you installed the script and find a file named config.dat).

If the complete path where that file is located d:\cruises\web\scripts\forum\config\config.dat, then you would change that line to read:

$config_file = "d:\\cruises\\web\\scripts\\forum\\config\\config.dat";

This is what i got after I did this

$config_file = "c:\Cruisewarehouse\\config.dat";

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Nothing after the above lines

I am starting to get crazy

It says in the readme notes only have to change one line
They should live so long

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back