Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Error 1327 - Invalid Drive X: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qjhix

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
CA
Well, the time has come to upgrade everyone's Norton AntiVirus, and so we bought 6 professional copies (2 installs per box), since it was actually cheaper then the business licence. (Odd huh?)

Three machines down, and the rest to go, and I've hit a brick wall.

On one system, running Windows 98 SE, after the prelim-scan is complete and install begins, I receive the following error message:

Error 1327 - Invalid Drive X:

Now, these are the following drives on that particular machine.

A: Floppy
C: Main
D: Zip
E: CDRom (Norton disk is here.)

I dread calling Symantec, due to the cost for tech support (ugh), and was curious if anyone else has encountered this error before or not and if so, how was it rectified?

If it helps at all, during the prelim-scan, it found the following virus...

W95.CIH.remnants virus (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Gsw32.exe)

...But it was nuked successfully. I don't believe this is what is causing the problem.

If anyone knows any information pertaining to this, it would be greatly appreciated once more!

Thanks!

-Q

Q, It was very thoughtful of you to provide the link to help others.

That's how we all learn. If only more people would post solutions when they found them...

Thanks again!

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back