Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

install data_02 new server. lost user and password

Status
Not open for further replies.

walterchacon

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2011
CR
thread639-1437995
the sql server infected and lost database. I install new server and restore database (DATA_02). after the install windows 2K server and SQL server 2k. I need recovery user and password.

I am assuming you are talking about Progression and not ES. You should never post without making this clear.

All the users and passwords are in the screens database, they are not in the data_xx databases. You will also need the PWE and msllockdb databases.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Ionly have data_XX now. What can I do to recover these database,due that I do not have this. I have this problem because the server crash. I only have the data back up. I cannot enter now into Macola.

Thanks

You had all these SQL databases out there and no one was backing them up? You are kidding right?

There is no recovery if you did not back up these datanases. You'll need to reinstall Macola to create all these databases, and the user names, passwords, modified screens, modified searched and shortcuts are gone forever.

You need to reinstall Macola anyway as the databases themselves are not enough. The Macola install puts tons of files on the local C:\drive of the Macola server as well as writing to the registry, etc.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back