Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install CPPM Rls 7.5 Linux-based problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optman

Technical User
Apr 14, 2011
MA
Hi all

we try to start new installation of CPPM Sig Server Rls 7.5, we have already format CF with mkbroot.bat utility and prepare the CF for linux installation Rls 7.5.

we have also upgrade the memory card to 2gb and install the hard drive that already contain Rls 6.0...when try to boot from CF we press F then it display this error (drive not ready for command)
and continue its starting until it load Rls6.0 software that is already installed.

Please how to install this Rls 7.5 ...?

Many thanks

Regards

Do you have the DIP switch on the CPPM card set to HD not CF ?

I take you have the hard disk installed on the card also ?

yes the dip switch is set to position 2 (HD)...but when we type "F" anything was happen...and we got the same issue.

but we use CPPM version1, I will try with CPPM V2.

thanks

Hi all

I have change the card with CPPM V2 and then we have the same issue...I have change also the compact flash but when I press F to start installation from faceplat I can't login installation menu.

I think there is problem with software download, please can anyone check this "cs1000-linuxbase-7.50.17.00_cf"..is this the correct soft..?

Thanks

Are you sure the hard disk you are using is ok.

I think they are normally 40GB SeaGate IDE type, they have the copper pins sticking out and you plug that into the IDE connector which is on the card and screw 4 screws into the corners.

As your error suggests the hard disk is not not working correctly.

I don't know if the hard drive is ok...but I got lot of errors with partitions on hd...I will try with another hard drive and come back to you

Thanks

Regards

that is the correct software. it does sound like a hard drive issue. also make sure when you are creating your boot cf that you check to see that it was created ok. I know i was burned because i didn't read the message and it had said that boot wasn't created and i had simialr issues.

I have try with two hard drive but with the same issue...I can't press F to boot from rmd...anyb helps ?

this is the error that I got when I type "F":

ERROR: state=1 dev=0xb0 status=0x50 error=0x0

are you using a 2GB flash drive. A 1GB is not big enough for 7.5.

yes I have use both 2Gb and 4Gb but with the same issue

I have format the hard drive, and now we can press F key to start installation...but we got error message when it try to begin the installation [unsupported hard drive...] I have check for my hd:

it is 40 Gb of capacity and IDE.

and we got also another error (hdc1 : failed)

what can be the error...?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back