Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install clarion program

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanLuckPicard

Programmer
May 25, 2011
HR
Hi again people!

This time I have two questions and I really hope you can help me.

1. I created an application in Clarion 6.3 and now I want to move it on computer of my boss. When I copy project folder and run project.exe I get multiple errors.
The question is: How can I implement Clarion application on another computer ?

2. I made a word document and put it into my projects folder. Now I want to open that word dokument when I click on the button in Clarion application.
The question is: How can I connect Clarion button and extern text file.

Thank you people and kind regards,
JLP

Hi JLP,

1. If the project is compiled as STANDALONE, it requires the EXE & DLLs to work. Use Dependency Walker from to find what Clarion DLLs are required for your EXE (you can ignore the Windows DLL dependancies).

2. By Word, do you mean a Microsoft Word document or a simple text file? For a simple text file, you could create an ASCII file viewer procedure using the template and view the file. For a MS-Word document, you need to use ShellExecute to open the document in MS-Word.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back