Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Active X or similiar control - GPO Issue possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippy13

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
IE
Hi,
We are using some thin clients which are having an issue with a particuliar site in internet explorer.
Basicilly on standard clients when they access this site they get prompted to install an active X control or similiar and all the advanced features of the site work. However on the thin client they do not get prompted at all to install this-even with an admin account.
We have two different GPO's assigned to both sets of machines with subtle differences between them. It is in theses GPO's that I believe the issue lies. Where would I find out what part of the GPO is causing this?
The pop up message that the user gets is "do you want to install and run 'app' signed and distributed by x...etc"
Both sets of machines are using XP.
If anyone can point me in the correct direction I would be grateful-even to resolve the issue on one thin client would be good so that I could at least see if the GPO's could be changed to apply to all.
Regards,
Kippy

Look through the Group policy under
User Congiguration
Admin templates
Windows Components
Internet Explorer
Internet Control panel
Security page
Internet Zone
Run activeX controls and plugins

possibly download signed and unsigned activeX controls settings as well.

Thanks,
I will take a look at that and see how it goes.CHeers
Kippy13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back