Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inspector palette gone for tables!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDNFLNC

Technical User
May 30, 2002
US
OK...this one is crazy!

When editing a table, I cannot use the inspector palette! It is there on the screen and all, but it is empty. No options for adding a cell, sizing, background, NOTHING!

Ever seen this?

What could be the issue?

Never really seen that before. Can't think of any reason why it would do that other than the site file being corrupt or something, trash the site file and back up site file. Then re-build the site from import new site from folder, importing the exsisting files in the previous site.

Might help......

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Has nothing to do with the site file. It is not particular to a site. Also, I seldomn use the site file.

I did however, root through and find my preferences and wiped them out. Had to create new workspaces, and all my FTP locations were lost, but I think the problem is fixed.

What do you mean you seldom use the site file? Are you working in single pages? Or do you build the site and then go directly to the page by passing the site file?

If that is what your doing then that is your problem, if you continually bypass the site file, you will corrupt the site, seen it a hundred times.

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

The reason the "inspector" pallette is empty when your working with tables is because there's a "tables" pallette as well. Go to window and scroll down, you'll see "table". This gives you all the choices you were asking for in your first post.

I think we use the software differently and that is probably all.

I had upgraded the machine in question to OS X 10.2 and it seems to have worked out. A reinstall was probably in order. I also just deleted all of my prefs and set everything up again.

For the record, try this...make a page with a bgcolor of 9999CC. Place a single cell table in the page and give it a white bgcolor. The create some sort of sub table within the white table cell. Notice that you can't see the lines that indicate the table cells? Hide the bgcolor of the page and you'll see it. A bug I found this week. Seems only with that color combo though. Weird.

Thanks again.

The missing cell border lines are correct. Unless there is something in the cell, no border appears. If you put a ' ' in the cells, the lines will appear.

I'm not going through this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back