Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inspect Feature for i2004 set on Nortel Succession 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drobiac

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2005
US
What is the feature code to add the Inspect feature to a soft key? I was told the feature works on i2004 and i2050 sets. Thank you.

Inspect feature" is not shown as such as in any NTP. Describe what it does to help identify.

Perhaps you are referring to the observe feature? OBV

Matt
Forex Capital Markets
CS 1000E VoIP/Symposium Admin

The following was taken from "Using Network Services with the i2004 or i2050 Phone page 69
Internet Phone User Guide Nortel Networks"

Inspect
If your Internet Telephone has two or more line appearances, the Inspect feature
is available. Inspect allows you to view information about a line without accessing
it first. When you inspect a line, the call status and Caller ID information (if
available) will display on your set. You can inspect lines that are in use, on hold,
or ringing with a new call (see Figure 28).
When your phone is idle, ringing, on hold, or active
1. Press the INSPECT softkey.
2. Press the LINE key for the line you wish to inspect.
If the line you inspect is active, on hold, or ringing, the Caller ID record will
display in the main information area of the display. If the line is idle, the directory
number and status (‘No Call’) will display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back