Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insight Manager 7 and Administrator password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deborah40

Technical User
Jun 9, 2003
EU
I am going through the process of upgrading to Insight Manager 7 SP2 and upgrading all Compaq servers to version 6.10.

However, when you go to the device and click on device links if prompts for a administrator password. I thought this would be the local administrator password on NT and 2000. But this isn't the case. I cannot find anything on the Compaq web site regarding where this account is created and how to change the password.

A support company that we use suggested that it was set when the server is built using SmartStart and the foundation agents are installed. But as far as I can recall there isn't a prompt to add a password.

I have tried different servers and have installed the foundation agents both from the management cd and smartstart (this installs the SSDs as well).

Has anyone seen this problem and knows where I can configure the administrator account.

I ran into a similar problem when installing the Rack and Power Management software. During the install, I was propted to enter passwords, but never a username. Well I figured it was Administrator, but it turned out to be Admin by default. I'll cross my fingers, you have the same issue....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

the password is stored in a file c:\compaq\wbem\cpqhmmd.acl this gives access to the webpage http:\\machine:2301 site. You can get a acl file from a machine of which you do know the passwords. Change the passwords en copy the acl file to all machines you want to look at. in the wbem\homepage is a file cpqhmmd.ini which sets a few settings like access. check this one out to. change the ini file and copy it too to a machine you want to look at. when you copied the files you have to restart the wegagent service otherwise it don't work it caches the latest settings.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back