Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inside email address not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tati

MIS
Mar 11, 2000
US
Hola everyone,
I hope that someone can help me. We're using Lotus Notes R5. One of our users can email everyone that is listed in the agency address book, except for me. When she does she gets an smpt error 550. It doesn't make any sense because everyone else can send me emails. I've checked her locations and accounts, everything is normal.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks
Tati

Have you looked at a search engine to see what stmp error 550 is?

Is she typing your address in the address field or looking it up? If she is typing it, any chance that she has it in her address book (in addition to your sites master address book)? For example, I've seen a similar error when the user's address book has an entry with name but no email address. Notes seems to pick up the user address book entry first and try to send - but with no email in the address book entry, the email doesn't get very far.

Hi,
The user can get inside mail now, I unstalled the software and re-installed. She still can't get or send outside email, I keep getting a server error. I've installed the software on other computers, they are all working fine, all can receive and send inside and outside email. Just not sure what to do at this point, any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks
Tati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back