Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

insertingparts of other email messages into a new message

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbead

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2002
US
Hi: I know this can be done with mac, but can this be done in outlook and if so, does anyone one know how to do it properlyl.

When I respond to an email, I would like to insert part of the sender's message in my response indicating the person wrote it orginally.

I know I can do this with the mac, but I am not sure how to do this with outlook if you can. thanks

JBead

Why can`t you just hit reply....add your own text.....delete what you don`t want of the senders......the send it to whoever you wish.....that way the recipient can see some of the original.

I want to highlight certain portion and indicate what I am responding to in the email, I just know it an easier way

JBead

Well I am no expert.........what I tried was....hit REPLY or Forward........click FORMAT on the TOOLBAR and select HTML.........then have the option to highlight any text in a different colour....Outlook does not seem to have a HIGHLIGHT icon as far as I can see......might have to wait for others to answer.....will keep looking in the meantime.

Howdy:

Ever thought about cutting and pasting from the original to your reply??

Murray

there is a setting in options of Outlook where you can note your comments in a reply.

take an original email, hit reply. Rather than starting at the top, type your response in the orginal text.

Within the original persons text, you can comment and it will come up with text that says you are responding. You can even tell it in options to make your response a different color.

ausputergeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back