Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Word documents as OLE objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobWalls

Programmer
Jul 25, 2001
GB
I've inserted a bunch of Word 97 documents as bound OLE objects, but when viewed in my database, only the first page comes up for each entry. I have the display property set to Clip (as opposed to Zoom or Stretch), but there is plenty of room for the whole document to fit in the frame without clipping, so i don't think the problem lies there. I have tried to remove the page breaks from the documents in Word and then re-insert them in the database, but i realised that i do not know how to do this. How can i see the whole document?

Rob.

I think that this is the standard behavior of the Word OLE. Because of the bloating of my MDB I use the alternative Word Wizard now (see Powerups to integrate my Word files into the ACCESS table. When I open Word files with this wizard I have always the whole document on my screen.

That would be nice, but i only have Access 97, and the power-up is for 2000. Surely there must be some way round it, even if it does take up a bit more space?
Anyone?

I am having exactly the same problem. Can anyone out there answer this question please? I'm trying to get an Access Report to display more than just the first page of the linked documents.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem showing only the first page ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back