Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Superplan OS Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

minicooperspipin

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
GB
Can anyone advise how to insert a superplan map purchased from Ordenance Survey on internet is inserted into CAD so that you can change the scales?
Its a DXF file. I had hoped it would be easy and thought I'd be able to insert it into a viewport on my drawing (either by cut & paste or make into a block) and then be able to scale up into the scales I am after in the viewport ... it loads into my drawing's viewport but the scale side of things doesnt work ????? any ideas

Hi minicooperspipin,

Hmmm... If you are able to bring it in, you should be able to scale it. You mentioned you wanted to insert it into a viewport, maybe you forgot to switch back to model space? If that's not the issue, can you supply a little more detail?

HTH
Todd

Thanks for your responce, I brought the map in in model spece, then set up a viewport in paper space where I try to scale it from, but to no avail. When you purchase the map off the internet it shows only in paperspace, so i've cut it from paperspace and pasted it into my model space, does this make any difference? Help!!! i'm going mad

Hi minicooperspipin,

Are you using the scale command, or are you trying to scale your viewport from paperspace?

Either method should work - and yes, your map should reside in model space, then from paperspace, create a viewport to view your map and set your zoom scale factor from there.

HTH
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back