Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting sound into powerpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaddy

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
US
I am having a problem inserting a wma file into a powerpoint show. I need it to play on slides 2-??? but not on the first. I just can't figure this one out, because what makes sense isn't making any. I am using windows media 9 powerpoint 2000 on Windows 2000.. Please help

Go to the slide you want to start your sound on

click Insert
Select Movies & Sounds
Select Sounds from File
Locate then Insert your File (look for All Files not just Sound Files)
Respond as appropriate to the "play automatically" prompt
Right Click on the Sound Icon choose properties
On the Multimedia Tab
check the Media Object to animate
then check the continue Slide Show button
Decide how many slides you want it to stop after then use the spinner to go up to that number
...and don't forget to check the hide while playing box or the sound icon will remain visible in the middle of your slide.

Now go to the Order & Timing Tab
Highlight your Media file and decide whether you want it to start playing the sound file on mouse click or automatically after a set number of seconds

That should be everything sorted

hwyl
Jonsi B-)
"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science & technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science & technology"

Just small additions to Jonsi's comment:

>>Decide how many slides you want it to stop after then use the spinner to go up to that number OR BEYOND THAT NUMBER

Putting a larger number in there works fine, and you don't have to worry if you add a slide or something later.

>>and don't forget to check the hide while playing box or the sound icon will remain visible in the middle of your slide

You can also just drag the speaker icon off the visible area of the slide.

:)
I'm editing a PowerPoint book due out in about 6 months, and just did the chapter on sounds yesterday!

Anne Troy

I have been trying to do this for days. I have a .wma file to insert into PP, did exactly as instructed here and it still won't play. I can get a .midi file to play, just not a .wma, .wav or .mp3. I'm using PP 2002 and WMP9. Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back