Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting rows at a specific piont in a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy880

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
AU
Hi all

I have a cross tab report and I would like to insert a row at a specific line, so I am able to totals and other calculations. here is an example of what i wish to do.

eg row 1 Cost Of Sales
row 2 Sales
row 3 Gross Margin
insert row to do a gross Margin %

then do same further down the report for other areas. I hope some can help me

Thanks

I can't see why you couldn't just go ahead and insert a row below the GM row, then enter the gm/sales-formula in there. That row would then appear throughout the report in the same place...? What exactly goes wrong when you try to insert a new row?

Hi Ya

Sorry I forgot to mention that it is a pivot table as well.
What happens when I insert the row is that it puts a new row between every other.

What I am wishing do is the following
col 1 col 2 col 3 col 4 col 5
row 1
row 2
row 3
insert row for formula
row 4
row 5
row 6
row 7
insert row for formula
row 8
row 9
row 10
row 11
insert row for formula

regards
Dizzy880

I would break the table into smaller bits and then add the rows. After that you can put the pieces of the table back together.

Extra rows are easy to add by adding a whatever calculation to the bottom of the table. Replace the formulae with your own, delete possible extra cells and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back