Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting records after linking tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

siena

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
US
I hope this is the appropriate forum for this post.
I linked an access database with a dbf file so I can print a report of both tables joined.
However, since linking the 2 together, I have not been able to insert records into the tables.
After clicking the submit button, my message said records successfully inserted but when I open the access database, I see no records in it.
What am I doing wrong and how do I resolve this?

Thanks very much.

'After clicking the submit button, my message said records successfully inserted '

Can you explain what you mean by this - it doesn't sound much like Access to me.

ANd can you describe what the two tables are and how you are linking them.

'After clicking the submit button, my message said records successfully inserted '

I use asp to submit records to our access database.
When a user opens up a form inputs data and clicks the submit button, a message I created would say:
"Record submitted successfully to our database"

If you open up that database, you will find the newly submitted records.

This time, I still get the message: "Record submitted successfully" but when I open access database to view that record, it isn't there.
I was wondering if linking the two databases = (access database) and a dbase dbf file together, if that was the reason why it stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back