Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Multiple line address list box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolex55

MIS
Aug 29, 2003
US
I'm having trouble inserting a company address list/combo box in word (XP). I've search the help menu and tried the insert>field>list and references>autotextlist, but it only has a single line entry. Is there another option in word for this? Thanks in advance

Hi Rolex55,

I guess you want to be able to quickly insert a full company address in you Word document? If yes, there are two ways you can deal with this:

1. Type the full address in you Word document, then select all the lines. Then go to Insert - AutoText - New. Enter a meaninfull name for your autotext and click [OK] --> now you will be able to select your entry from Insert - AutoText - Standard

2. Type the full address in you Word document, then select all the lines. Then go to Extra - AutoCorrect and type shortcut in the box 'replace'. You will see that the box 'by' has your selection. --> whenever you type the shortcut you provided and hit the spacebar, your full address will be filled out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
unica

Thanks unica, that helps a little, but I was wondering if there's a way to use a combo box right there on the word document so that the user can select a certain company and it will insert the entire address. Thanks.

If you have the addresses you need in the Outlook address book, you can insert the address directly from there.

You can even add the Address Book button to your toolbars Customize... under the commands tab, in the Insert List.

When you click the button, it opens the Address Book, and then you can select the person, just as you would to send them an Email, only there mailing address will be inserted into your document.

I hope this helps!

Peace! [peace]

Mike

Never say Never!!!
Nothing is impossible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back