Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting jpeg & GIF files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtwildtrout

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I'm having a problem with jpeg & gif files inserted into Access forms. The logos look fine before they are inserted but once they are inserted into an Access form the quality of the logo looks terrible.

Has anyone else experienced this problem & have any suggestions?

when you are placing the images in access, you should make sure the image control you are using has the sizemode set to "clip". This will prevent the control from stretching or shrinking the image, distorting the image.

My suggestion would be to not put the image files into the database, but rather, put the pathname to the image files in the database.

Although I don't think this is the cause of your quality issue. As jimbOne said, it's most likely a stretching, shrinking, or aspect ratio change that is affecting quality.

Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back