Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Flash movie into Dreamweaver 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Technical User
Apr 19, 2000
GB
Hi everybody,

When I insert a Flash movie (.swf) into a layer in Dreamweaver 3.0 all that is displayed is a grey square Flash symbol.

Please can anybody tell me why my flash movie is not displayed

Thankyou

Alas, the Flash movie does not play when previewed, all I get is a blank area where the movie was inserted in Dreamweaver. Do I need a Plug-in or something? I already have Flash Player (I am using Dreamweaver 3.0 on an imac dvse if this is if any help).

Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated

I am having the same problem with my .swf files. When you find out the problem could you please let me know how to insert the file properly. thanks Beckym

If you look at the properties there is a play button! Green i think.
If tat dose not work makesure you are importing it and not draging it in you can do this by going >insert>media>flash

If you know how to get arround layers in netscape then help me

HI,

It does it really matter that you can't see the movie playing when in the develop-window? When you press F12 (preview) you can see the movie playing...

Eek

On a PC, once you have inserted the movie, F12 should give you the preview. Not sure on an Imac.
I also sometimes have the same problem, the white box that you see when preview is actioned, usually means that the movie is not in the root folder. You have to make sure that the movie is saved in the correct folder for that page(htm).

Greetings

Alison Steffens-Winchester

I got it!!

When you insert flash look at the bottom option under URL it says "relative to" change that to Document instead of "Site Root". Fixed the empty white space... yeah!! CHAOS, PANIC, & DISORDER - my work here is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back