Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting Data into SQL from .Net Web Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

kav123

Programmer
Jan 12, 2005
GB
I am a newbie to ASP.Net. I have created a web form and have created a VB class which inserts data filled in the form using a Stored Procedure into SQL Express. I am using an Array to pass the values filled in the form to the function in VB Class. But i am having loads of problems with the Array. I am getting CastConversionError and what not?? Can anyone tell me any other way of doing this.

That's a good idea. That's what i am here for. I ended up thinking that arrays are not easy. But i am not sure how to approach this thing. I am trying to create a VB class which will have all the functions to do everything with the database for all the pages in the applications. That would mean a lot of Property values wouldnt it.??

I wouldn't mix database access with entities. Instead, have a database access layer and have functions within it that accept the relevant class and add their properties to a parameter.

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244.

You could cheat and use a typed dataset. If you are using VS2005 then the IDe will do most (if not all) of the work creating methods and classes for you.

BTW, I'm not advocating this as the best method, just an easy option to do what is being talked about in this post.

James :)

James Culshaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back