Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting an Access table attachment into crystal reports XI report

Status
Not open for further replies.

kims212

Programmer
Dec 17, 2007
CA
one of my users has an MS Access database with a table in which one of the fields is a bmp. in cr xi the field type is shown as memo and when I try to insert it onto a report, it shows only the file name (with the p left off of the .bmp) and not the picture.

I'm certain that I was able to do this at one time but can't find my report and can't remember how I did it. someone told me that it was just a matter of dragging the field onto the report but as I say, that gave me only the file name.

does anyone know how I can do this?
thanks

The way I've done this in the past is to add an OLE Object on to the report, select a bitmap image and select create from file. Select any image you have access to and check Display as Icon.

Add the object on to your report canvass, right click and select format graphic -> picture tab -> graphic location (x->2) -> add the database field in here that contains the graphic you want to display.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Thanks for your response Gary.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. I didn't mention that the field in the Access file is a field type of attachment and in crxi, the field type shows as Memo and as I mentioned, the p is left off of the name of the file.

I thought that perhaps the file name was too long so I shortened it but it still left the p off of the .bmp, so perhaps cr doesn't find the image file and so can't display anything.

In access, the image displays fine.

I know that I was able to do this at one time.

Thanks
Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back