Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserting a subreport (query) into existing report

Status
Not open for further replies.

c15bm

Programmer
May 29, 2003
CA
Would like to insert a subreport into a current report.
Having a problem creating the frame (list or form) with the subquery and actually being able to see the subreport.
I insert the frame in top left corner, then insert the subreport into the frame (I think) - I can only see a small
rectangle in the corner of the opened report and can't seem to resize it to see the data.

If possible, I would like to create two independent subreports into the already completed report, and have the data list under each other.

When you create a new report, select to create a "blank" template (and click cancel for the query dialog box). Then from the insert menu, choose list frame and put that in the upper left corner of the blank frame (size it to about half the frame). Got back to insert > sub report > list frame, and drop it in the bottom half of the page. You can then resize it to what you want.
You can also substitute other frames (crosstab, text, etc.) for the list frame.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back