Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inserting a delay between skill levels 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

josiecza

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2006
US
Scenario: I have 4 agents in skill 1, 3 agents with skill level 1 and 1 agent with Skill level 2. Agents with skill level 1 are busy, a call comes in and the agent with a skill level 2 gets the call. My question is; can I insert a 30 second delay to give the agents with a skill level of 1 a chance to take the call before I present the call to the agent with a skill level of 2?

I don't think that it's possible; however, I use two different skill sets (primary and backup) for these situations, and I write the delay value into the vector.

QUEUE TO SKILL 1ST
WAIT 30 SECONDS HEARING MUSIC
QUEUE TO SKILL 2ND

Susan
You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

Just write the vector to wait before you queue to the second group.
Code:
01 queue-to     skill 1st  pri m
02 wait-time    30  secs hearing music
03 queue-to     skill 2nd  pri m
04 wait-time    40  secs hearing music
05 queue-to     skill 3rd  pri m

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Thanks dufus2506, I understand your vector and have it built that way now. I (my call center manager) would like to route differently to skill level 2 within the same skill. He only wants to report on one skill.

You can either have a single skill to report on, or you can have a delay between queueing the caller to a second skill. You cannot delay the queued call to an agent, just because their skill level for the skill is lower.

Susan

Yes it is possible to delay call delivery to the agents but would require Advocate licensing. With Advocate you can have reserve agents and set thresholds to only bring in the agent when the threshold is exceeded.

Thanks everyone, Advocate was what I was expecting to hear. I heard it comes imbedded as part of CM 6 but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the information, Jimbo; I had forgotten about Advocate since we do not use it in our shop. Have a star!

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back