Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inserter puts calls in Inserter table during CLS MS patching

Status
Not open for further replies.

cog4030

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
During MS patching on the CLS Server we stop CLS. During this time Inserter runs and puts the calls into the Inserter table .
Is there a way to stop Inserter from running until the patching is done and CLS is back up ???
Nice has two options. Live with the calls in the inserter table or delete inserter, but then the calls won't archive to the SC.

We have a dozen or so groups and each time we patch I need to do a inserter search and save the calls for each group in Organizer.

hi,

inserter runs as a process in task manager called inserter.exe. kill this will stop insterter, although if you stop cls by use of cls manager then this stops inserter process anyway.

now as the inserter job is to check the voice logger and compare it against the cls database it will still insert records as no records will be in cls during your patch period.

The inserter process runs every night by default at 7pm unless changed in registry on cls and checks cls versus logger and if logger has audio segment records but cls dut not have a ticket for it inserter will put a record in insertercalls table in cls.

if you want to stop inserter full stop the only way would be to stop the voice logger also during the patching period, although this may not be possible as customer may want recording during this time.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info.
When we patch, we reboot the server twice.
Before the server is booted the first time, I login to CLS and stop CLS. I think I'll change CLS so it won't auto start. When they are done patching and reboot it for the second time I remote in and change cls to auto start.
That'll start CLS, inserter and the rest of the processes.

if the voice logger is still running during the cls patch period the inserter will pick these calls up regardless of how we alter startup. the key is to have the cls and voice logger/s both stopped and this way the inserter process wont find any missing cls tickets for the period

Stopping the 5 loggers is not a option.

When CLS / Inserter is started after the patching is done wouldn't the inserter see CLS is running and put the calls into the call DB and not the inserter table ?

if its a selective recording environment yes, but if you are using a total recording environment, extension side then as the cls is down the logger will still be recording and when the cls inserter process is running again it will insert these calls whilst the cls was down into inserters table.

if you cannot stop the recorders then im assuming your using total recording environment. the inserter process runs at 7pm till 6am everyday and if the cls was down during this period or part of day eg. then the inserter will insert the missing calls into the inserter table. if your using perform you will see them as basic recording user.

hope this makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back