Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert record

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdgirl

Technical User
Feb 2, 2002
GB
Hi

i am setting up a web based system in Dreamweaver. i have created a form for users to insert a new record but when i add the details and press submit i get an error page and the details are not entered into the database. the ref number is an autonumber and the date is now() but neither of these are showing, can anyone advise where i have gone wrong. i set the form up using the insert record wizard in dreamweaver.

help please

CJB

This type of problem is usually appears when you are not actually executing the SQL command that you think you are.

Add a line of code to output the SQL command string before it is executed.

I've now found where my problem lies. I have a date field if i dont insert that on the form then the data is added to the database table but if i include the date in the insert form i get an error saying Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement, i need the date in the form and i need it to automatically insert today's date. Help again please

CJB

Try outputting your SQL string with a Response.Write followed by a response.Flush to push it out to the browser. It may be easier to find the error if we see what the code is generating.

-T

barcode_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back