Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

insert record server behavior NOT WORKING 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevenze

Technical User
Mar 13, 2001
US
I'm not sure but something's wrong with my server behaviour for inserting a record. I have created several websites and have used it without any worries. Now when I use this and test it I get the following message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.

/outsidethinkingtime/test.asp, line 90

is it possible that my server behaviour has been currupted somehow...all the other server behaviors work fine, i've tested the delete and update behavior and they work fine. Any ideas what might be causing this error?
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance to anyone who responds.

Jeevenze

I've been playing with the server behavior and the error only occurs when i'm trying to enter data in a 'date' field. I have various fields in the table, e.b. jobnumber, employeeID, etc...and when I try to insert data in any of the other fields it works fine...it's only when I include the date field in my form (and behavior) that i get the error message.

Jeevenze

I hate to state the obvious, but the error message very plainly states what the error is --

I suggest you response.write the INSERT statement to your screen. I suspect that your error will then be apparent... if it's not, then post your output here and let's have a look --

:)
Paul Prewett
penny.gif
penny.gif

There's nothing wrong with the insert statement...the error only occurs when i'm trying to insert data into a field named 'date' in access. I changed the field name to 'zdate' and it works fine now. I also tried some test tables and the error only occurs when a field is labled 'date' in access.

Ahhhh -- yes. you can also fix that problem by putting []'s around the fieldName

INSERT INTO table SET [date] = whatever

:)
Paul Prewett
penny.gif
penny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back