Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

insert picture into form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webfaktor

Technical User
May 22, 2001
Hi - Part of the database I'm constructing requires that the user import a client logo / decal into a form, for use within reports, etc. Is this possible without putting the form into design view? Your suggestions for a user friendly approach would be appreciated

Advance thanks!

Michael

Are we talking

one logo per database ?

one logo per user ?

one logo per record in a specific table ?

All is possible but the solution will depend on the variety that you need.

Do you already have a tblSetup or tblINI ?
Ie a single Record table that contains database wide default information ?
( I think you're going to need one. )

More..
After your answer to the above.

G LS
spsinkNOJUNK@yahoo.co.uk
Remove the NOJUNK to use.

You should leave the logo .jpg file on the clients harddrive. Store it in a folder for pictures and then in your form or reports use an Image control and update the .Picture property with the pathway to this image. You should modify the property Picture Type to "Linked" and modify the other properties to the appropriate settings to Stretch and align the picture as needed.

Post back if you have any other questions.

[COLOR=006633]Bob Scriver[/color]
MIState1.gif
[COLOR=white 006633]MSU Spartan[/color]

I've created a bound object frame and an ole object field within a table to store the object - thus allowing users to right click and import a jpeg image. The problem is that the jpeg image is not appearing, only the name of the file is showing up???

Any ideas on how to make the actual jpeg image appear?

Thank you.

I just did as you have said and when the user right clicks to insert the object make sure that you uncheck the LINK box and uncheck the Display as Icon. Then when the file is selected it is stored in your database. This causes considerable database bloat if you have a lot of records like this with a lot of pictures to store. Linking them keeps them stored on disk drive and ACCESS then just links to them.

Now when you create your form with the Image object make sure you set the Size Mode property to Stretch. Now when you open the form the picture should display centered and in full image frame in your Bound Object Frame.

Post back if you have any questions.

MIState1.gif

My circumstance is such that I need to allow database users to import jpeg images / customer logos. Thus the forms cannot be in design view when this occurs.

I have tried various settings including 'stretch' and all that occurs is that the title of the jpeg increases in size.

Thanks for responses thus far -

I changed the image from a jpeg to a bmp and it worked fine.

Thanks!

I have found that pictures with a .jpeg rather than .jpg sometimes error out as you have stated. The .bmp picture works fine. Try changing the extention to .jpg of the file and see if that works also.

MIState1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back