Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INSERT INTO Statement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kermitforney

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
US
I want my form to input data into more than one table, I understand that in order to do that I have to use a query.

"an I use an update query and if so how can I apply it.?"

I was thinking of having a "SAVE" button or something that when pressed will then INSERT INTO all the columns I want to accordignly as a new record.

Do I need to do this or if I put the SQL statement in the properties window will it update as soon as I exit the field?

Kinda confused. Anyone feel like leading the blind today?

The easiest thing to do is to create a subform based on the 2nd table. You can remove the border and the sunken look and it will look like one big form instead of a main form and subform. This will be a lot easier. That's a lot of code to replicate something that is built into Access forms.

Ray D'Andrade

Yeah, I knew to do this but just wondering if there was a different and far more complicated way to do it?? lolol
How do you remove the ugly annoying borders around sub forms anyway?

In the subform properties, general tab, Special Effect should be flat and Border Style should be transparent. That should be all you need to blend the two forms to look like they are one.

Ray D'Andrade

yeah I found it but thanks for the valuable post.
Star time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back