Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

insert error using ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox007

MIS
May 30, 2001
US
When I excute a SQL-Insert of text that has carriage returns in it a memo field in a foxpro 2.6 db it failes with a error - unregonized phrase/keyword. The sqlstate = 37000. What could the problem be?

What version of the ODBC driver are you using? The newest one is still pretty old, and MS now only "support" the VFP OLE DB provider to access FoxPro data. You can get links to the current versions of both of these at See - "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Visual FoxPro 8.0" and "Visual FoxPro ODBC Driver". Note: Even these are listed for VFP, they still support older FP tables.

Rick

I am using MS Visual Foxpro Driver v.6.01.8630.01. Is there a newer one?

Hum, that's an interesting number, because the link I gave you says the the newest (and last) version of the VFP OdBC driver is 6.1.8629.1.

Where did you get your's?

Rick

I downloaded it from the MS site about 6 months ago.

I downloaded the ODBC driver from the MS site and tried to install them and I got an interesting message from the installer. It is "VFP ODBC Driver setup is not supported on Windows 2000 since it is already installed with the operating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back