Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert Date on Report...

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2002
US
I have a report. I want the date to print at the top of the printed copy. But, I want the user to enter the date from the Switchboard. How do I tell the switchboard to prompt for a date when a user presses "Print Report" and then have the date they enter appear at the top of my report?

Hi,

One way would be to put an unbound text box on the Switchboard.

Now on your report place another unbound text box and set it's control source to

=[Forms]![Form1]![date]

Where Form1 is your swithboard form and date is the unbound text box on the form.

If you want a dialogue to "pop up" you can make a small form that is triggered by the onclick event which essentially does the same stuff as above.

I hope this is some help for you.

Peter Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

Another way would be to place the a text box on the report where you would like it to print, set the control source to "=[Date Printed]". Every time the report is printed a dialog box will open prompting for "Date Printed"

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back