Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert access report into body of email message? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyout

Technical User
Jun 5, 2003
US
Hi,

I have an access report which we would like to email customers at random.

Is there a way to run the report and have it automatically inserted into an email message. We are using Microsoft Outlook for email.

FYI: I created a marco to open the report and output it to html format, however I'm stumped at this point. When I try to use the runapp command Access freezes and the computer locks up.

Any help is appreciated!

Have a look at the DoCmd.SendObject method. It will allow you to send an Access report as an html file (or many other file formats).

Good luck

-Gary

This may be possible, but a warning for interoffice emails, many user emails are set up to prevent macros from running, and accepting attachments in general. You might look into storing the db online and sending links to view the database. It will be more secure, and show live data instead of snapshots.
Good luck.

SendObject command was the fix. Thanks! Storing the link online would too much work since this is a confirmation report for items being returned.

ahh, I see. One other thought I had. If you have the acrobat distiller, you could distill reports into pdf files. Those would be smaller too. Glad you found a good answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back