Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert a pause in a DMI 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

expertlackey

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
I have a user that is wanting to have a DID sent to an 800 number and then input a site id #. My problem is I can't get the DMI I made to input any pauses after the 800# to allow the Site id # to be entered in the far end system? Any ideas?

We have done this but only on our COTs. I don't believe you can on a T1/PRI.

Try going out on an analog trunk if you have one.

with an analog trunk if you dial the acod, you can add a pause.. no pause after ac 1 or 2

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

cannot use/add pauses when connecting via pri Any manipulation done by dmi tables has effect on digits sent/deleted

Thanks for your help guys it is working (somewhat)on my COTs. I had tried it before on the COT's but I didn't think it was working because I never got the confirmation from the other end. That is because it wasn't sending the octothrope. I just can't send the octothrope to finish the ID number because it sees it as the end of dialing not an input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back