Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert a database to a vb project

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildelf

Technical User
Oct 28, 2002
GR
I have allready made a database with access2000 in a folder.
I put the Data on a form of vb6, i go to DatabaseName on the properties and i point my database which is in the folder C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\videoclub\videoclub.mdb. Here comes my problem: when i go to the RecordSource, a strange messege popsup "unrecognized database format 'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\videoclub\videoclub.mdb' "
I dont have msdn libraries so the help button doesn't work. Is it because i have access2000 or is it something else which i don't know? Why do i get this messege?
Is there anyone who can help on this?
Thanks

Hi

First make a copy of your Access 2000 database and keep it as a backup copy.

Then covert the database by

tools > database utilities > covert database > to Access 97 file format.

Your VB6 project should then recognise the database format and you can work from there.

Good luck - don't forget the backup copy.

You could use an ADODC data control. You can then set the properties to read an Access2000 database.

Online VBHelp is available from :
Let me know if this helps

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

I tryed to convert the database to 97 and everything went well.
I also downloaded vb6 service pack 4 from the microsoft site and that went well too.
Thanks, both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back