Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert a blank page in a report on page break

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebushatescats

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2006
CA
Hello all

I have a report that lists training course that have been taken by company employees. The report is multiple pages,
breaking to a new page for each new employee id. Each employee has a supervisor_id associated with it and the report is ordered by supervisor_id. What I am wondering is it possible that when the supervisor_id changes can I have the report insert a blank page, preferably form a different printer tray so it can be a different colour.

Thanks in advance for any replies

You could try to insert a page.brack after the "super_id".
To make the printer change you can call a "blue-printer"- report via a recordset and a loop.

I.E. let the recordset control the printing. And make reports for each report-color you want.
Use a special printer for the color-report.

In access 2003 you can change the reports printer via code, but the report must be closed/inactive when doing this.
Make sure that you change the default printer back to the original printer if you choose this procedure.

Herman
Say no to macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back