Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

insert 9 when dialing externally from MiCollab softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishhead64

Technical User
Apr 25, 2007
US

Searching the forum, it looks like we can insert the 9 when users dial from call history on their MiCollab client. I want to test that out, but can't find this setting, looking for MiCollab Service/PBX Node.... where exactly is that?

MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
Mitel Standard Linux 11.0.99
OVA 9.4.1.8

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiVoice Business Release level: 9.4

NuPoint Unified Messaging Build: 20.6.0.4.01

Once you have added the MiVB in Users and Services -> Network Element, this should auto-populate the MiCollab Client Service -> Configure MiCollab Client Service -> PBX nodes. Click on the IP address of the MiVB you have added and add the 9 to the Dialling Prefix field. Make sure to add your Plus Dialling Settings here as well in the tab beneath for country code, International and Long Distance if you are using E.164 dialling.

Thanks, I see it now. How do I know which Node to modify? We have 26, most of them are AX controllers, so it's probably not those. Leaves me with MXE's and EX's. I modified the MXEs, but no change. Since this is new ground for us, I'd rather not start changing things when I don't know what I'm doing.
Is there a way to figure out which Node my softphone connects to?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8

Ok, this got potentially much more complicated very quickly. I will start off by advising you seek assistance from a Mitel partner/maintainer if you are unsure of how this all fits together or are untrained on the MiVoice Business and MiCollab systems. It sounds like you could have MiVB's acting as user and trunking gateways and I'm not going to advise you to start changing anything without you fully understanding your Mitel estate and how devices and trunks connect to it. Someone else on here might be braver than me though.

But, along with what I have already suggested, I would advise reading the help file on the MiCollab server for the Dialing Prefix setting and on the MiVB for Outgoing External Call Prefix For Applications in the System Options form to get a better understanding of the features and what could be required for your estate.

Thanks again, sort of what I expected. I've already reached out to our partner.

I did read the help file and it seems relatively easy to implement once we know which node(s) to modify.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8

Assuming your PBX's all have the same ARS dialplan, you'd use the same Dialing Prefix for each node. But that's definitely the sort of thing to at least verify with your support partner before messing around with.

Thanks, this was exactly what we thought, I was just on the wrong Nodes. The partner showed me which, we added the 9 to Dialing Prefix, tested and working.
Thanks for the responses.

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8

Interesting twist, while this worked great, it's also inserting the 9 when peopla are manually diailing and typing in the 9.

Can we insert the 9 when dialing from the call log for call backs, but but not insert when the number is dialed manually and already has it?

Thanks!
Al Feinberg
MiCollab 9.6.0.105-01
OVA 9.4.1.8

no

We normally have the access code configured from the start (at system install)
we set the extension length to 6
- regardless of the extension length we are using (our sites are normally 3 4 or 5 digits)
- this seems to offer the best for eliminating contact lookup errors

we allow shorter than 6 numbers to be dialled without access code in ARS
- in AU thats emergency (000) and 13xxxx

we instruct users that when they use the client
- dont add an access code
- if number or feature access code they want to dial is longer than 6 and they dont want access code inserted then prefix it with -
this will send whatever follows the - to the pabx

your best option now is re-education

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

@ Billz66, I don't think the answer is a firm no for digits greater than 7 dialed as I don't remember having this issue and I certainly would have otherwise.

I no longer have access to systems to check that out.

I'm am only now realizing why we rarely overlap in our posts with you being in AU and me being in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back