Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insane HP Printer can't complete jobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinnt

MIS
Feb 11, 2002
US
I have a HP DeskJet 732 that is producing a very strange error. Here is the setup of these public computers:

Computer A = Windows 98, Policy for security, Prints to Shared computer on Computer B

Computer B = Windows 98, Policy for security, Shares DeskJet 732 to A and C

Computer C = Windows XP, Non admin user for security, Prints to Shared computer on Computer B

OK, here's the problem. When printing from the web (IE 6+)Computer B and C have no problems. BUT when Computer A prints a web page it will only print the first inch or two of the page before just spitting out the paper and stopping completely. The printer was working fine but recently started doing this for no apparent reason... I've searched everywhere for configuration problems and docuemntation of other people having this problem but have found nothing. Please help! Thanks in advance!

I think it may be a driver issue. What driver version are you running? Do you have PCL-6 compatibility or just PCL-5e? This may be important to your older 98 machine talking to the printer.

If your printer driver on Computer A is PCL-6, roll it back to 5e, or vice versa. Don't forget to uninstall the previous version first, and reboot after uninstall and reinstall both. You shouldn't have to touch the drivers/settings in B or C.

Go into Control Panel>Printers>Properties>Details>Spool Setting>Click "Print directly to printer" Check Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back