Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inputting data into a Database Thru Intranet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtime

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2002
US
Currently, I have a Intranet setup. I created a Database using Access. No problems using Access to write/read to the database. Promblem comes when I try to input data thru the Web interface. I can search for data and bring up information that is included in the database. I just can't create a *.asp page to input data. Any suggestions on why? Database is on a w2k machine, and we are using xp machines to access the w2k machine.

It may have something to do with users access rights within XP, I have had similar problems on this matter and ended up have to access the properties of the database and allowing access to everyone for it.

Hope this helps

Psyclones,
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't even enter data thru my ASP page. I have tried creating test databases, and when I submit the data I get confirmation page, but when I check the database there are no new records.

Download a program called asp maker.

this will ensure that is not user rights stoping it from working.

The asp maker also makes all the connections to your DB so you could use them for reference to resolve your problems.

Hope this helps

Psyclones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back