Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inputs on a webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hala73

Programmer
Sep 6, 2003
US
hi,
once vb opens a webpage (with the code below) is there a vb code that allows to type things in the text boxes?

thanks
Hala

Dim strURL
strURL = Shell("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\" _
& "Iexplore.exe 1)

Possibly with FindWindow, EnumChildWindows, and SendMessage. It would be easier if you used a webbrowser control. Search this site for WebBrowser in your forums for more info.

Good Luck

Do you know how VB access webpage without opening the browser? Thanks.

--
Mike FN
"8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Web Programmer."

hi vb5prgrmr,

Sorry but for a while i couldn't access my yahoo mail and didn't know that someone replied.
I almost succeeded: I found a freeware "auto it" (autoit.com) that has very simple commands to macro anything. Now I plan to combine vb and the macros I wrote with 'auto it' to have my application. I am counting on the variables from each software beeing 'transferable' to the other. I'll find out soon if that works.

Hala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back