Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inputbox() differences between return values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swissonline

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
CH
I have this code

NewValue = Inputbox("insert a value:","request")

the form displayed has two button, OK and CANCEL

if cancel button will pressed the NewValue becomes an empty string value ,else, if I press ok button the NewValue becomes the string that I have put in

now my question is : witch differences are between if I press OK with none value and if I press the cancel button??

please help ;)
hi.

ps: sorry for my english ..

As you can see in your Designer Help database documentation, the Inputbox function will either return the value entered by the user if OK is pressed, or empty if the Cancel button is pressed.

If the user OKs nothing, the result is the same : nothing should happen since no value has been entered.

Is this response satisfactory ?

Pascal.

yes I have tryed in all ways... but there are no differences...

in my case the code must stop -exit sub- if the user press cancel, but the code must continue (chef decision) when i oks nothing...(the value must compose a part of another document)

nothing to do..., it will be continue anyway in I press cancel...

hi and thanks

Your boss is going to have to understand that you have no way of making the difference.

Good luck.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back