Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input Shipping info Manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDPerkins

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2014
US
Good afternoon and happy Friday all.

We have been using Shipgear for almost the complete time I have been here and supporting Progression (before that as another 3rd party exchange, which had issues). I have encountered a bit of an issue.

I have a few outside locations, which ship only about 5 pkgs a week max. I have Worldship at these locations, but because of the low volume I can not justify Shipgear for these locations. I have been looking through Progression (7.7.500) all morning and can't seem to find a screen to manually input the shipping information. I Found the manifest to VIEW the information in AR and I found the SQL table the data resides in, but as I said Im not being observant enough to find the screen to populate the manifest information. Can someone explain how this shipping info should be added without the use of a data exchange such as shipgear?

When you say "shipping information" what exactly does that encompass? A tracking number?

Standard Progression does not give you the ability to enter a tracking number, all you do is ship and invoice the item in Progression. It has been a while, but to the best of my knowledge all Shipgear does is write the tracking number and other shipment info to user defined fields in Macola. Can you confirm what table(s) and field(s) you have found that is receiving this info from Shipgear?

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

It has been awhile since we used Progression, but when we did, we only did manual input for shipping information. During order entry we input most of the information, but then during the select for billing process (under Billing) is when we would input the amount for the freight and miscellaneous charges. We didn't use the manifest select. Good Luck

Macola ES 9.6.300

Hi Don, To clarify I was looking to write Shipping method, shipping cost, Tracking Number, Weight Date, and Order number. I found that shipgear writes this information in ARSHTFIL.
Valvegal, Thanks fore the info, I will definitely check there, this makes 100% sense that I found the data in AR portion of the SQL table.

Hey there Don, No I didn't. I could only find related input fields for financial information (Shipping cost etc.) in AR. I was thinking about creating a PHP page for direct SQL input, but we have now started to move forward with EM 10, so setting up the new server, migrating AD and everything else is priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back