Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input prompt just a blinking line

Status
Not open for further replies.

penjay

Programmer
Nov 10, 2003
US
Please help. In my applications that I have transported and reprogrammed for vfp9 from vfp7. With @ #,# get command the blinking prompt is a very thin line and hard to see. How can I bring back a box sized prompt. Many of my customers are older and say they can't see where the prompt is when in the 1st space of an entry point.
Penny

Hi Penny,

As far as I know, you have no direct contol over the size of the insertion point, in any version of VFP.

However, it might possibly be affected by the font size, and also by whether you have themes enabled. Assuming your @/GETs are on the background screen, try different settings for _screen.fontsize, and _screen.themes.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Penny, one of the options to try is to go to Control Panel -> Accessibility Options -> Display -> Cursor Width. Check if this would help you (not 100% sure it affects FoxPro applications).

I remember switching something by mistake and getting the box prompt as a result, but don't remember what did I do for that. I tend to think it's not the font type/size that causes it.

Worked great thanks so much. I've been trying to do this through vfp for weeks. Thanks
Penny

Glad it worked.

You can probably manipulate that setting from VFP (not sure how to do it, though), too, but it's usually not recommended to change the user's settings programmatically. You can, possibly, give them a choice to select from and switch.

But it's probably better to ask your users if they want that, or teach them how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back