Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Input Mask Dificulty with email

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue1914mab

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
I am trying to create an input mask for email. Every employee in company has the same address, but different names. How do you create a new mask that allows you to put the employee name in front of the @companyXYZ.com

blue

I do not believe you can do this with an Input Mask. How did you see this being used?

the examples they had were for ssn, phone, inv #, etc. Is there a better way to achieve the same goal?

Please briefly outline the goal. For example, do you wish to propmpt a user to enter data on a form? Do you wish to run an update query?

Ok, all I want 2 do it find a easy way to not have to enter the address part of the email into the email field on the employee table and form. All the employees have the same address tag(@companyXYZ.com). So when we add a new employee, the address is already there, we just need to add their id name on the front of the address, thus making the email address complete. The input masks the I have seen allow you to add additional information on the back end, but I have not seen an example of how to add info on the front end.

You can use a default value and / or a little code. Set the DefaultValue Property of the email control to "@companyXYZ.com". All new records will then show @companyXYZ.com in the control and the user can type in the name. Alternatively, add a little code to the last name AfterUpdate event, something like:

[tt]Me.txtEmail=Trim(Me.txtLastName) & "@companyXYZ.com"[/tt]

You could also use the AfterUpdate event of the email control to add the tag, for example:

[tt]Me.txtEmail=Trim(Me.txtEmail) & "@companyXYZ.com"[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back